Award season in Hollywood may have just begun - but they are nothing in comparison to the ‘Oscars’ of the Food and Drink world - The Great Taste Awards.
Run by the Guild of Fine Foods, the Great Taste Awards, see thousands of products blind tasted by a panel of expert judges to find the best of the best.
We're pleased as punch to announce that this year we won a grand total of 5 awards, including two stars for Brighten Up, our Forest Fruits & Ginger tea!
Let's take a look at the winners and some of the things the judges had to say.
- “Strong red summer fruit aroma, and an enticing ruby-red hue. The fruit comes through, and the slight tartness helped balance this tea and prevented it from being too sweet.”
- “Amazing for something with nothing artificial . A true strawberry and summer berries flavour, with depth and good mouth feel. Would be good iced, perhaps with a little sparkling water or sparkling wine.”
- “The glorious red shade and unmistakable red fruit aroma are hugely inviting. There's plenty of fruit on the palate - slightly tart as cultivated strawberries tend to be - perhaps there's a hint of currant too. The tartness prevents the fruitiness from cloying. An infusion cannot replicate a sweet fruit salad experience, but when it comes to tart red fruit this certainly delivers. On the finish, there are hints of raspberry and bramble. Thoroughly enjoyable, warm or iced.”
- “Great colour, thanks to the safflowers. The aromatics are well blended, a pleasing meld with nothing too strident.”
- “Light and bright clear liquor with a well balanced taste of spice and lemon.”
- “Coloury bright liquor. Good Ceylon base, with quite a mix of flavours. A touch of cinnamon comes through and with milk a noticeable chocolate taste.”
- “Refreshing, fresh, juicy character. A well-balanced blend of jasmine and citrus flavours, a great combination!”
- “The pyramid tea bag has a fresh citrus and jasmine aroma and brews to a pale, slightly cloudy liquor. This has an inviting clean and bright citrusy jasmine aroma. The flavour is wide ranging with grassy green tea accompanied by orange and lemon hints with jasmine present at all times.”
- “A full of fruit green tea, smooth and without bitterness. As a red fruit blend it definitely delivers.”
- “The pyramid tea bag has a light fruity aroma. The resultant liquor has a peach-like scent and a light flavour with any astringency balanced by the sweet fruitiness. This is a clever combination which works well.”